The Independent Northern Kentucky Artists and Artisans Education Program (INKAA)
P-art business incubator, P-art gallery, P-art artisan retail shop, P-art education...ALL COOPERATIVE!
INKAA Education Program is the not-for-profit arts education organization behind the creation of the Art House in Fort Thomas. INKAA opened the Art House in November 2015. The Art House, a 100 years old three story building, had over 72 independent artists and artisans, over 20 small artisan created businesses, and 5 organizations and partners that shared the Art House space for events, classes, and meetings. However, in May 2016 INKAA closed the Art House in Fort Thomas to developed a strategic partnership with Inspirado at the Madison Gallery in Covington (www.inspiradocov.com). Inspirado serves artfully delicious, eclectic global cuisine made by co-owner and artisan chef Baron Shirley. Inspirado is partly owned by Kentucky artist and UC biology professor Dr. Chris Green; Chris' focus is on the gallery portion of the restaurant (i.e., the Madison Gallery). As the Executive Director of INKAA, Kentucky artist and college professor Dr. Parrish G. Monk and Dr. Chris Green of the Madison Gallery have decided to join forces to continue to help empower local artists and artisans and provide an accessible and unique art experience for local creatives, collectors, small business owners, creative entrepreneurs, and the local community in which we live and serve.
We are still renovating our new space above the restaurant and will resume our monthly art exhibits, classes, events, and art business seminars in July 2016.
INKAA Education Program 501c-3 is in part:
• An art business incubator that actively helps (for free) creatives navigate the "business side" of the art world
• An art gallery focused on local artists and artisans from the Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky areas
• A local artisan retail shop with one-of-a-kind creations from local artisans
• An arts education organization that engages and educates established, emerging, and aspiring artists
• And a volunteer run artists collaborative operated by local artists, artisans and small creative businesses as collaborative partners
Pike Street Maker's Mart
We have created a new pop-up shop called the Pike Street Maker's Mart located at 31 W. Pike Street Covington, Kentucky 41011 (across from Braxton's Brewery in the old Passionate Arts Center Building).
Tuesdays 4pm to 8pm
Fridays 10am to 1pm 4pm-8pm
Saturdays 10am to 8pm
Sundays 12noon -5pm
Kill three birds with one stone:
1. Avoid the craziness and complete your holiday gift shopping with affordable one-of-a-kind creations in a low stress, artful space;
2. Support local small business owners and small creative businesses;
3. Support local artists, artisans and arts organizations.
Free to the public.
From glasswork to sculpture to jewelry to paintings...there are works from over 22 artists and artisans for this event including:
Logan Walden, Matt Meyung, Ryan Hill, Brian Crash Beck, David Estep, Christopher McCall, Benjamin Kaczmarek, Parrish Monk, Mike Mallory, Joe Drury, Jamie Anton and many more.
For more information about the new INKAA Education Program and Madison Gallery collaboration please visit: http://www.madisongallery.org (our website is a work in progress).
For more information about Inspirado at the Madison or to see their menu please visit: www.inspiradocov.com
UPCOMING EVENTS we will host and/or attend:
Copyright 2014. INKAA Education Program, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. No pictures, images, or words can be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without express written consent from the Director, Governing Board, or the individual artists and artisans who own the rights to their artwork and related images.