P-art business incubator, P-art gallery, P-art artisan retail shop, P-art education...ALL COOPERATIVE!
The Independent Northern Kentucky Artists and Artisans Education Program (INKAA)
Pike Street Maker's Mart Spring Pop-Up Shop
Pike Street Maker's Mark is a pop-up shop hosted by INKAA and the Madison Gallery in collaboration with the City of Covington Kentucky. Our shop will be located at 31 W. Pike Street Covington Kentucky this upcoming Spring (5/1/17 to 5/30/17). If you are a creative entrepreneur with a marketable handmade product please feel free to contact Parrish Monk at INKAAorganization@hotmail.com for more information about participating in this pop-up shop. Space is limited.
INKAA is a not-for-profit social enterprise that is in part an art business incubator, art gallery, artisan retail shop, art education program, and art cooperative. Our mission is to provide equitable access to the arts and art business opportunities to established, independent, emerging, and aspiring artists and artisans from the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas. INKAA is the new driving force behind the Madison Gallery in Covington Kentucky.
Below you will find the key information for this event. Please read the information carefully.
Pike Street Maker's Mart
31 W. Pike Street
Covington, Kentucky 41011
(across the street from Braxton's Brewery,
near Hotel Covington)
Shop Date and Time:
Thursdays 10am to 1pm
Fridays 10am to 1pm
Saturday 10am to 8pm
Sunday 12pm to 5pm
Oranizer Contact: Parrish G. Monk cell (859) 866-2390 firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibit Eligibility and Media:
1. All artists 18 and over living in the greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas. All media is eligible, except film/video.
2. Large scale work that requires special installation or instructions will NOT be accepted.
3. Artwork must NOT have been exhibited previously at the Madison Gallery.
4. INKAA and the Madison Gallery reserve the right to reject any delivered or submitted work that does not clearly represent or match the original submission or conform to exhibit expectations. INKAA and the Madison Gallery regularly serve and work with young children and always maintain a family friendly environment. *So, while we appreciate creativity and independent voices we reserve the right to reject work that we deem is inappropriate to our patrons and young visitors.
5. You do not have to sell your original work but you must display the original work AND have some prints or duplicates available for the public to purchase.
6. The artist sets the price of the work for sale however they must include a 30% commission for the Gallery. Collaborative members in good standing only pay 10% commission.
7. Work submitted must be original work created by the artist –and the artists must legally own the rights to their work. Your work must be an original piece and not a print or copy of another artist’s work. INKAA and the Madison Gallery will not be liable for copyright infringement or other liability associated with copyrights.
8. Sculptural work must fit through a 36" wide entry door. All instructions for sculpture or 3-D work must be clear and minimize the risks of damage to the work as it is being installed. Artists must assist with the installation of fragile sculptures if needed.
9. Wall mounted works must not exceed 6ft x 6ft. Secured hanging systems must be installed on the work prior to bringing them the gallery. We will not attach hangers or wires on your work.
10. Your work must be ready to professionally display… meaning all work must be appropriately framed, have hooks and wire, or be prepared for hanging if on canvas. If you have questions about proper display please contact us.
11. ***Artist accepted to participate in this event must also actively participate in promoting this art exhibit as well. We encourage invitations and sharing through social media and other outlets with friends, family, fans, followers and supporters.
12. Inspirado Restaurant and its staff are not involved or responsible for the art exhibit. To protect and document your assets you must connect with or set appointments with INKAA staff or Madison Gallery for delivery and pick-up of work. Please do not drop off work at the restaurant unless otherwise told to do so.
13. You can deliver your work via appointment between Saturday November 19th 10am to 1pm. Call or email Parrish at (859) 866-2390 or INKAAorganization@hotmail.com.
IF/When You are Selected for the Art Exhibit:
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Parrish G. Monk at (859) 866-2390 or INKAAorganization@hotmail.com Please note that the Inspirado restaurant staff are not involved with the organization of the Art Exhibit and that all questions should be directed to Parrish Monk at the contact information above.
Copyright 2014. INKAA Education Program, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. No pictures, images, or words can be copied, reproduced, or redistributed without express written consent from the Director, Governing Board, or the individual artists and artisans who own the rights to their artwork and related images.